We have a handful of prime commercial real estate spots that need new tenants. What do you think the neighborhood needs? If you are in the development business or know someone who is, lets plant some seeds.
Former Native Foods Cafe at Market Square (701 Penn. Ave., NW)
– how about another fast casual lunch spot for the business crowd – maybe a new BeefSteak by Jose Andres?
Former Barnes & Noble (12th and E Sts., NW)
– how about finally bringing a grocery store to the heart of downtown?
Former ESPN Zone (11th and E Sts., NW)
– how about rounding out the shopping options downtown with a mini Bloomingdales or a multi-concept home decor, clothing and restaurant place like ABC Home in NYC or Merci in Paris?
Former Azur/Menu (405 8th St., NW)
– ever since Jose Andres left, nothing has stuck for this charming vertical space. What about a new restaurant and pop-up restaurant/cooking class and co-work/restaurant incubator space?
Former Caucus Room/Social Reform (401 9th St., NW)
– Is there such a thing as too many steak restaurants? Certainly would be the easiest fit. However, we’d love to see an upscale gastropub to get our fish and chips, Sunday Roast and Premier League fixes.
Former Soho Cafe (401 9th St., NW) and neighboring former Penn Camera
– how about a small bookstore and cafe like Kramerbooks in Dupont Circle?
Send us your ideas to email@example.com!