Opened this spring in the former Living Social space, Prequel (918 F St NW) is now in full swing hosting four ongoing restaurant/food concepts and multiple pop-ups. On any given week there is a different program of food to choose from. We’ve visited Prequel a handful of times for both food and drink and enjoyed both each time we visited.
Prequel announced two new chef residencies with Nick Sharpe (formerly at After Peacock) and Hamilton Johnson (formerly at Vidalia) who will offer dinner series for a number of months.
Currently running on an ongoing basis are:
- Brick and Mortar – evening bar with bar snacks and sandwiches menu
- Bluebird Bakery – breakfast and lunch items
- Fourth Floor Wine Bar – evening wine bar with a bites menu (cheese, flatbreads, and salads)
- BFF (Burgers. Fries. Forever.) – lunchtime burger bar
Rotating pop-ups include:
- Rising Stars Chef Series – various chefs show off their talents on Monday nights
- Jolene – evening dinner Tuesdays through Saturday from Chef Nick Sharpe, former chef at After Peacock
- honeysuckle – preview tasting menu tonight from Chef Hamilton Johnson, former chef at Vidalia
- Taste Test Comedy Night – small bites and big laughs
- Tackitt Family Wine Tasting – California wine producer tasting
- Prequel Investor Launch Party – launch party offering multiple bites and drinks